Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We're Off Like a Herd of Turtles



I have never seen quite the gathering of turtles as I have this day. The boys were with their Mamoe and Papa at their neighborhood park this evening. I was at their house eating and enjoying just a few minutes of time by myself when I got the call from Papa that there was a turtle feeding frenzy. To the park I went with bread in one hand and a camera in the other. Between the ducks, the turtles, and the fish, that bread was gone in a matter of seconds. Once the turtles smelled the bread, turtle heads in multiple groups of 10s popped their hungry heads out of the water! It looked like a mass of small submarine ships headed our way.














3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

"Herd of Turtles"????

Do they "Stampeed" too????!?

Arghhhh... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

Everyone - I'm going to save the twins... Everyone else, your on your own!

Denise said...

These sure were! Man, they were swarming like koy. I know of a certain pond that might need a turtle :)

Karen said...

It's about time David. I think you may have done it this time.

Love the pictures!