Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fun Summertime Trip


I guess this is my first real blog posting with pictures. After much wrangling with this new-fangled blogging thing, I have finally figured out how to post both a text and picture on my blog site. My very techno-savvy father-of-five brother would be proud of me. (I know he is reading this and smiling!)

We just had a GREAT trip to OKC to visit very longtime friend and friend I consider to be like a sister, "Christie." The little girls are hers, and the boys are my Taz 1 and Taz 2. We all swam and the kids played together like they have been together for years.

"Christie" and I have many things in common having small children in common, however we have one difference. Her world has been steeped in GIRL and mine has been steeped in BOY. (Although she now has baby #3, which is a boy!) In saying our prayers after a fun trip, the boys and I were listing all of the things we were thankful on the trip. They listed anything and everything they could think of...except one thing. Both of them asked if God wouldn't mind too much if they were NOT thankful for BARBIES!!! I had to turn my head and giggle. We settled on being thankful for the wonderful girls who play with those yucky Barbies.

All in All, it was a joy to see my dear friend, and treasured the time immensely.

We had a wonderful and unexpected stop on the way home to a GREAT place called Turner's Falls. This is a part of the Arubuckle National Forest in Oklahoma. Since hubby was not home, and we were in no rush to return, we decided to stop and check this place out. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE! The falls you see behind the boys is a 77 foot long waterfall! The falls creates this beautiful natural pool that is perfect for swimming. From here, there is a creek that flows and is IDEAL for kids (and adults like me who sometimes feel like kids) to swim in.

As you can see, the boys were wearing their Dallas Cowboys attire. Not being prepared for the swimming opportunity that lie before us...how could I deny these children the chance to go in! Afterall, I had a hard enough time restraining myself. After walking along the creek and throwing rocks in, I asked the boys if they wanted to go swimming. Can you guess what the answer was? Next, I told them that they could go swimming if they wanted to. They took off in the direction for the car...being hot and tired, I stopped them and told them to skip their suits and get right in the water. With wide-eyed surprise, they got really excited about the idea of swimming in their clothes. Kind of makes it more fun, don't you think? In the water they went, and we didn't leave for 3 hours.

This place is a kind of heaven in our Texas/Oklahoma heat. We loved it very much, and plan on returning in a few weeks.

1 comment:

The Father of Five said...

WOO-HOO!!!! YA-HOO!!! Not a BOO-HOO!! Yippie-Ki-Yeah!!

You were spot on with the whole Reading and Smiling thing... (Am I that predictable?)

Ok.. I'll ask an unpredictable question then...

Did the boys pee in the creek? And, as a secondary / follow up question..

If they did indeed pee in the creek, and since they did not have swimming trunks to change into, would they not have "pee'ed their pants" ????

See how easy this was??

See how rewarding it felt?

Keep it going! Send the link to your family and friends.. Who will in turn pass it on to their family and friends!

It's so darn addicting!

Congrats sister-o-mine!

I'm so excited right now, I'M about to pee MY pants!!!

Later.
Your "very techno-savvy father-of-five brother"
David